Every time I visit Chelsea Market, I love it and I wonder why we don't go there more often. It really has changed a lot over the years from a forlorn looking place with few visitors to a bustling hangout crowded with locals and even some tourists. We first ate lunch at 202 cafe, which is nestled inside Nicole Farhi's store that sells clothing and household products. It was my first time there and it felt kind of weird to be seated literally few feet from a rack of clothes. Henry ordered a classic English breakfast, with sausages, bacon, roasted tiny tomatoes still on the vine, poached eggs on toast, and bubble and squeak. I found the name "bubble and squeak" to be very funny and wonderded where the name came from. It is basically just potatoes and cabbage. All was very good and satisfying. My fish tacos were not bad either. After our leisure lunch, we went to our main destination, the Italian market place Buon Italia to restock some Setaro pasta. Since our friend introduced them to us, we have become loyal customers. They come in many different shapes. I even use them to make Chinese cold or stir-fried noodles. They really taste great.

Then we stopped by T Salon for some tea. The long tea menu was displayed on multiple flat screens. I ordered an iced tea with rooibos with blood orange. It was refreshing, but I thought the tea was not as strong as I would have normally liked. But it really was nice sitting there enjoying a cup of tea in a lazy afternoon. The room was drenched with sunlight and the atmosphere was very relaxing.


No comments:
Post a Comment