I'd like begin my first post of the new year with a photo of central park sky that I took two days earlier while walking through the park. It was one of those rare moments that I was alone and I was taking my sweet time in strolling through the park.
It was another story why I was at the park. My daughter Arwyn had lost her pink sparkly purse (which truthfully I probably treasure more than she does!) at the marionette theater in the swedish cottage. The theater will be closed at 4pm that day, and I only had 20 minutes to make it there from my home in west village. I ran, I rushed, and I made it. Don't you feel fantastic when you have recovered something you love? I was very happy, and central park seemed more beautiful than ever. I looked up in the sky and smiled. (Yes, it was like a movie moment.) The air was crisp and the temperature was perfect. It was just another one of those moments that made me so happy to live in NYC.
Another new year. At this time of year, many people love making their own lists of New Year's resolution. I was never one who loves making a list because I find that making a list does not really help me in completing them. Looking at a list only adds stress and constantly reminds me of what I have not yet checked off. The fact is that, life is an endless list of to dos.
But this year, I feel like making just one on my list and seeing it completed. That is, I want to revive my blog which I have abandoned two years ago. Reading some of my old posts brought back memories that I'd forgotten. It is scary how one's memory could be so fragile. My goal will be modest - to write at least twice a month.
Recently, I have been feeling restless and craving for some change. I have always thought I am not the type who would be afraid of growing old or even fearing death. But since turning that magical age 40, I could feel each minute passing by more keenly than ever. There were times when I felt lost among all the madness surrounding me. Perhaps writing will help me find my soul again.
Recently, I have been feeling restless and craving for some change. I have always thought I am not the type who would be afraid of growing old or even fearing death. But since turning that magical age 40, I could feel each minute passing by more keenly than ever. There were times when I felt lost among all the madness surrounding me. Perhaps writing will help me find my soul again.
Let the new year begin...
No comments:
Post a Comment